vrijdag 18 februari 2011

The promise you made..

Yeah, I'm sorry.. I'm not good in making promises and really stick to it..

I
was going to write you about the awesome new study I found. It's called creative writing, and I was going to tell you how super duper cool awesome this study is. I was going to tell you how I totally loved today, the day I walked around at my soon-to-be new school and discovered what I will learn the next four years if I would subscribe. I was going to tell you how now there's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that this is THE study. Like.. THE best, one could ever imagine.

I
was going to tell you all that. But, you know, as sometimes things go different than you expect, I'm not gonna tell you anything of it. I'm gonna write about today, what I really thought when I walked around at the Art Academy Artez. It's like night and day..

I was told that creative writing would be about writing and performing. To perform what you've written. I loved the idea of bringing my thoughts, my writings, to life. And as I happen to be an avid reader, and reading is another very important part of this study, I thought it was a match made in heaven. Today I found out that what I just spoke about, the writing and the performing and the reading, is just a little part of what this study is all about: constantly selling yourself as a product. Creative writing isn't about creative writing; it's about putting yourself out there at the market and sell yourself to costumers. You've got to see yourself as a product; you need to build a whole factory around that product (build a factory around yourself) and you need to be busy every day with managing it, planning, business, pr, etcetera. So, I'm gonna be a product. I can't stand that thought..

Also, Artez appears to be a
very severe school. They only want the best of the best and they can get rid of you whenever they like. That's a bit scary I think.. And not that fair.. And the way they speak about the school and then about you, the maybe-upcoming student, is like.. It's like: we know everything, you know nothing, so we are good and you suck and you'll always suck anyway. I've had enough of that, really.

So, my conclusion is: it's not gonna be creative writing for me. That's kind of a.. bummer. 'Cause I was soooo enthusiastic about this study. Well, I guess it's a matter of time or so before I 'get over it' and just be happy about the fact that I'm gonna do another cool study, Human Resource Management. But that's not as cool as.. Well, whatever.

I'm really tired now. I've got a headache for all day long, and I'm gonna lay my head down now I guess..

Write you soon!
Aphrodite, writer for life

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten