vrijdag 25 februari 2011

Secret passion.. ;)

Hello there,

Something none of you knows ('cause I haven't told anybody yet) is that I have a kind of ever-hidden passion for sewing and stitching. Well, to be honest, for everything that has something to do with threads and eventually needles. I like to create the most different things out of.. nothing.. Or well, out of not much. I've made a few things so far and I'm working on it almost every day. I love it, it's actually really relaxing too! Which is a good thing (:

Yesterday I was searching on the web for patterns and other creators and.., when I found this awesome site. The things she makes.. Oooh I love it! It looks really cool I think. I'm getting greedy.. ha ha. I hope that one day, I'll be good enough to stand in her shadow. That would be great. And I wanted to share her site with you, 'cause of her -in my humble opinion- great talent.

Tonight, me and my mum had a real good conversation about me and my feature. As I still hadn't made my mind up (to write creative as a profession, or to write creative but not as a profession, that's the question), she and I talked about every option I have and all the up- and downsides of what I might do. It turns out that I'm writing since I was three years old! Which I didn't know, but my mum did. At the age of three I didn't really literally write, but what I did was making up stories, all day -and night- long. When I was five, once in a while I had to go to a teaching assistant. There, amongst other things, I was shown some pictures, which I had to couple. I had to make up some tale about what happened on those pictures. My mum told me I loved it so much, that from the first time on I wanted to do that at home too. At seven I learned to write, and after that there was no way back and no one that could stop me. My granny gave me my first notebook ever, she couldn't have given me a better present, and as we speak there are at least 25 of them. All filled with ink and my words. Apart from all these notebooks, I also have a whole load of documents on my pc and my laptop. So I guess I can safely say I'm kind of a writer.. And I have decided to really make it my profession, so I'm going to subscribe to the study Creative Writing. It's scary, or in other words: I'm scared, but I'm not going to let my fear stand in my way to my dream job. I'm gonna do this!! Hooooly crap, ha ha. But it's cool, it really is, and it's very exciting, and I actually want to start right now! But first I have to get through the selection.. :s We'll see!

And now I'm going to sleep I guess.. I'm tired.
Read you soon!

Aphrodite, writer for life

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten